Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rapa Nui Island in Chile


Hello


This picture is Rapa Nui Island in the Pacific Ocean. This is Chilean Island located to 3.526 Km (2.186 miles) from coast's Chilean. In my country this island is named "Isla de Pascua". It is very special because in this place has 600 moais this are volcanic rocks scultures as shown in the picture. Rapa Nui Island is a oceanic mountain composed of three volcanoes their names are Maunga Terevaka, Poike and Rano Kau every names in the Rapa Nui native language of Island. The second picture is inside of crater volcano Rano Kau. I never went Rapa Nui Island but I know it is very beautiful place to visit in vacation.

I hope you enjoy this pictures.

Good night everybody

3 comments:

Elaine Soffer said...

I certainly enjoyed the pictures. They're beautiful! I never knew Easter Island was part of Chile. It must be a fascinating place to visit. I'll have to add it to my list of places to go when I have time and money!

yalniz kurt said...

I really liked the pictures.They are interesting!I never see ever them.I agree with my dear teacher.I want to visit these places when I am a rich man.I like to learn about new places and pictures of your country.

Ericka said...

wow you have an amazing pictures I never seen this place before. I went to chile like 6 years ago because my father is from there so I have family in Chile.