Monday, February 4, 2008

Little History of Chile




This picture is when I was in the Police in my country. The old man in the middle of picture was the General Director and other people were Police Captains. From right to left I'm in the 6th place standing up.

The second picture is the Military Parade in commemoration of Chilean Army. The people in the left side is the General Augusto Pinochet, he was dictador for 17 years in Chile. I'm in the left side of the flag. Pinochet died last year. In Chile a lot of people agreed with Pinochet and other a lot of people disagreed. Afther this 17 years of dictadura Chile returned to Democracy.

These pictures has helped me to tell a little bit of the history of my country.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Elaine Soffer said...

The short history of your country was fascinating. Thanks for sharing the pictures, too. It's amazing that you were part of history. You must feel like all of that took place a lifetime ago. Do you miss the more public life you used to lead?

Jeniffer said...

Hi! Andres. I couldn't recognize you in the picture if you didn't indicate that where are you in. This is a very meaningful picture. You looked different.You are very majestic in wearing uniforms.I enjoyed it a lot.